Monday, December 5, 2011

Intro

The first thing both of my best friends said when I told them I was pregnant ... "You need to write a blog." I am the first of our group of close girlfriends to get pregnant, so it is all a very novel thing for us. Since I now live several states away from my girlfriends, they don't get to see the day to day changes they would if we were still living in the same city.
My reason that I now live states away is that I am married to a Marine. He is deployed to Afghanistan and will likely miss the birth of our first child. He had also just left for training in the desert when the pregnancy test came back positive. My husband only got to be here with me for a little over two weeks of this pregnancy. He did, however, get to be present for the first ultrasound to see our tiny one inch baby. I know this is a common experience for many military wives.
For me, this will be somewhat of my own personal and very informal case study. I actually have my Masters in early childhood development. I have scholarly studied prenatal and infant development, but people always say it is all so different when you have your own. Part of me doesn't want it to be any different. There is always a certain level of disregard that professionals in early childhood are sometimes given when they don't have any of their own children. I have encountered so many different personalities of children in my professional experience. I'm looking forward to finding out what my baby will be like.
So, I guess I am basically saying that I am starting this blog for several reasons. I want to keep my friends, family, and especially my husband up to date on what is happening with this baby belly. I also feel that if my experiences can mean something to any other pregnant mommas (or anyone thinking about getting pregnant) - even better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home