Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Registry Stress

My registries are up and open. Registering for baby things seems, to me, much more stressful than registering for wedding. While the wedding registry was much more of a time commitment than I anticipated, and still was stressful, but I feel much more pressure with the baby registry to get the 'right' things. It is also difficult since there are so many things yet unknown. I don't know if our baby boy will use pacifiers or not. I don't know how long we will be able to breastfeed (I'm hoping for a year). I also want to get things that will be good enough to be used for other children (in the distant future).
For family and friends that did not see them on facebook -
Our registries are on www.nickisdiapers.com and www.babiesrus.com. Both of which can be looked up by putting my name in.
We are planning to do cloth diapers. We are planning to co-sleep. We are planning to breastfeed.
I have a feeling I'm probably a pretty high maintenance first time mom. This could definitely be the place where my career has a negative impact. I have very strong feelings about many aspects of child development, and now it will play out for my own child. I apologize in advance for my strong opinions and hope that I don't offend anyone.
Granted, now that I have apologized, I have been asked by some to share a few of my strong opinions so I will be writing a few future posts on topical child development related things. Take them as you wish. Keep your eyes peeled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home